Real Estate . Wills . Small Business Services
Attorney Anthony C. McLaughlin specializes in Real Estate Law including:
- Real Estate Closings
- Conventional and FHA/VA Loans
- Title Examinations
- Contract Drafting and Review
What is involved in the closing process?
- Contract Review
- Perform Title Examination
A Title Search is required by the lender to determine ownership and rights to the property being purchased. This search will also reveal any restrictions on use of the property. In North Carolina only an attorney can render an opinion on title to property.
3. Conducting the Closing
- Handling all fund transactions (i.e. closing costs and down payments).
- Ensuring all documents are signed by the buyer.
- Ensuring all lienholder documents have been signed and completed.
- Ensuring all deeds are properly recorded in the public registry.
Anthony McLaughlin also assists lenders with understanding the laws pertaining to FHA requirements. His expertise is in handling government-related loans. Mr. McLaughlin can also assist in preparing deeds if transferring property.
Assistance with Restrictive Covenants and Homeowners Associations